Technology For Missions Contest
The TFM Contest will be a chance for you to share this past year’s successes, challenges and failures. This is an open-mic night style event where everyone is invited to get up and tell stories from the past year.
This is your chance to encourage, exhort, or admonish.
- Encourage — For example, did God open doors that seemed to be locked?
- Exhort — For example, did you find or create something new that might encourage or empower others in the room? Maybe you published a new app or found a better way to configure a server?
- Admonish — For example, what mistakes did you make so that others can avoid doing the same? Einstein said, “Show me a man who has never made a mistake, and I will show you one who has never tried anything.” We try new things all the time – it’s what we do – but now’s our chance to learn from the mistakes of others.
We are a busy group of people with a vast array of projects going on. We’re sure you have stories to tell! Now’s your chance!
During the event, we’ll use Slido to have live voting based on three criteria for each speaker. At the end of our sharing time, small rewards will be given to the most impactful stories.
The exact criteria are still being worked out, but here are some ideas:
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being strongest…
- Emotional Impact — How much did this story impact you emotionally, either positively or negatively?
- Relational Impact — How much can you relate to this story? Have you had a similar experience?
- Helpful Impact — How much did this story help you? For example, maybe it was helpful because it is good to know you’re not alone or maybe it was encouraging to see how something could be done or maybe it is just helpful knowing that someone is doing this awesome thing.
We look forward to hearing stories from the past year!